This is my version of a bio.
My Name is Warren Hilsbos of Fairmont, West Virginia. I have lived here most of my life. I am a product of my parents’ working-class/professional lifestyle and the unique dynamics of the highlands of what most call “The Rust Belt.”
What’s there to know about me?
- I have always been a thinker. Even as a very small child I remember actively analyzing whatever was in front of me.
- I also live to do. My learning has always been about growing my abilities. You can ask my mom about the cliff and my Panda truck – every challenge is an opportunity to learn.
This way of living has caused me to learn a great deal about many topics. I was explaining evolution at 7, rockets at 12, constitutional theory at 16, and so on. I now hold degrees in Philosophy and Law from West Virginia University.
To further orient you, new reader, here are answers to a few basic questions:
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
- Because internal dialogues get boring! As fun as the world is to engage, human beings are the most interesting part of it.
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
- This one is tough. In short, whatever inspires me most in a time or place. Sometimes I like to summarize vast stretches. Other times I want to dig deep into minute details. I especially enjoy finding unexpected connections between things. For example, music and narrative.
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
- My people are those who live to love, fight to protect the vulnerable, bless the good around them, and set the best example they can for others.
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
- By this time in 2021, I hope to have found a core readership and a clear voice which I can deliver regularly.
So, I will twiddle and twattle in the vain hope of not sounding too dumb. I hope you find something in my play which points you toward a better way of your own creation.